7 simple ways to maintain a Keratin straightening treatment
1. Don’t wash your hair immediately, wait at least 48 hours to allow your hair to absorb as much Keratin as possible.
2. Most Keratin treatments last between 20 and 40 washes, so if you can space out the frequency of washing your hair, from say daily to every couple of days, your results will last a lot longer.
3. A week after your treatment use a Keratin rich shampoo, and/or conditioner and continue to do this on a weekly basis. This bumps up the Keratin content of your hair, and helps maintain the Keratin seal on your hair.
4. If you’re using other shampoos, make sure they’re salt free (sodium) and have a PH of between 4.5 and 5.5.
5. After washing your hair use a paddle brush when drying it. Paddle brushes are perfect for straight hair and will promote healthy growth.
6. Wait at least a week, and ideally two, before colouring your hair after usimg a Keratin treatment. Same goes for before straightening. If you colour your hair do it a week or two before using a Keratin straightening treatment.
7. When you use an electric dryer, on your hair try rubbing through a pea-sized amount of a Keratin based conditioner, or leav-in through your hair. This will strengthen the invisible seal and protect your hair against the heat.